Would you know what to do in the following life threatening situations?
• Heart attack
• Car accident
• Broken bones
• Stab wound
• Snake/spider bite
The skills learnt in HLTFA311A Apply first aid course will enable you to respond effectively. Many occupations and voluntary organizations require a First Aid Certificate.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty (s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
All theory is to be completed on-line. Students may use the institute facilities if necessary to do the online theory.
The course also requires a one day practical session which must be completed at the Institute.
• Chain of survival
• Assessing the situation
• Signs of life
• Performing CPR
• Demonstrate use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
• Care of the unconscious person
• Special techniques for children and infants
• CPR in special circumstances
• Breathing emergencies including choking and asthma
• Cardiac emergencies
• Severe allergic reaction
• Bleeding and wound care
• Burns and scalds
• Extremes of heat and cold
• Altered conscious states
• Bites and stings
• Musculoskeletal injuries
• Infection control
• Reporting procedures
Duration: Self Paced (Theory) + 8 hours ( Practical)
Qualification & Validity
• A statement of attainment will be issued if a student successfully completes this unit of competency
• It is important that you attend each session of this course so that you are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
• Your certificate will be valid for 3 years and the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that you attend a resuscitation update every 12 months. If you are unable to attend any sessions, please contact your instructor.
The entire fee for the course is $150.
Discounts are available for group bookings of 10 or more.
APPLICATION & ENQUIRES
An application form for the course may be downloaded from our website or obtained from our institute.
For any additional enquires please refer to our contact details.
USERNAME AND PASSWORD:
The students will get user name, password
& an orientation upon enrollment.
PRACTICAL SESSION DATES
Please contact us for the next available
Specifications: Pre-reading on the topic + Written assessment
Session Time: 0900am-0430pm (Theory review + Practical + Assessment))