Students will be required to complete theory relating to these two units as part of this course:
• HLTAP301B Recognize healthy body systems in a health care context
• CHCCS305C Assist clients with medication
The following topics will be covered as part of the course:
Our course includes theory and practicals (lab sessions) and work place experience.
Our practicals are held in a simulated work environment and cover the following:
Our assessments methods are as follows:
• Participation in class discussions
• Oral questions and written assignments
• Practical assessment on correct medication administration assistance and infection control skills
• Work place assessment
On successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Successful completion entails:
• Self-learning package and assessment
• Two days of MANDATORY sessions at IHNA (Theory review and practical and exam)
• Two days of supervised practice in a health or community care facility
Who should attend this course?
Qualified Personal Care Attendants working in residential, community or home settings
This course is delivered by professional and fully qualified trainers, with several years of experience.
This includes learner’s notes, lecture outlines with reference lists, refreshments and certificate of attendance.
Please contact our institute for the next date. Extra training session can be arranged depending on the requirements and enrolment numbers.
Course Information for Perth Campus
Number of Enrolments: 5-20 students (IHNA reserves right to cancel the batch, in the unlikely event of minimum number of enrolments not met.)
Duration: 45 hours
Contact days: 3 days face to face session + 14 hours (2 days) of work experience
Specifications: Pre-reading/ Online pre learning activity mandatory
Session days and time: 8.30am to 4.30pm on Wed, Thur, and Fri starting on the dates given below
Work experience placement: Student may do their placement at the place of their current practice or placement can be arranged by IHNA. Please contact IHNA for arrangement of placement venue if required.
There are no pre-requisites of units or qualifications to attend this course.
1. Online: Direct online application (Click here to apply).
2. Email: Download and complete the application form and send it by e-mail with all attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Post: Download and complete the application form. You can send your completed application and required documentation to our Perth or Melbourne office.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us 1800 22 52 83