If you are interested to become a nurse, the best choice will be to start your career as an enrolled nurse. Hospitals around Australia are interested in enrolled nurses as the demand for nurses is increasing day by day. You can opt to work in a typical hospital setting in the city or in regional and rural locations where the need for professional nursing services is just as great.
As per Enrolled Nursing IRC’s 2019 Skills, the Enrolled Nurse workforce represents over 63,000 workers in Australia, and during the following few years, this is anticipated to increase dramatically. Australian Industry and Skills Committee -claims at present enrolled nursing career falls under the top 5 occupations in demand, under the healthcare sector.
(Source: Australian Industry and Skills Committee)
The above data showcases, that becoming an enrolled nurse is a highly regarded and fulfilling position. Being an enrolled nurse and performing this highly specialised position requires a certain kind of person. Working as an enrolled nurse has various advantages, some of which may be as follows:
- Increased job flexibility
- You have a significant impact on other people’s life
- There is a lot of personal fulfilment
- Your role is varied since every day is unique
You might, however, feel that it’s time to leave your nursing job and pursue something else. There are several career paths that lead from this profession, especially if you wish to stay in the healthcare industry if you are an enrolled nurse looking to alter your career. This is due to the fact that Australia’s top industry for new jobs in healthcare! In actuality, the healthcare sector employs 13% of the workforce.
As an enrolled nurse, you have a plethora of work opportunities to choose from! Some of the few career paths for enrolled nurses are:
- Taking Care of the Clinical ServicesSomeone who is extremely organised and knowledgeable about medicine has a fantastic opportunity to pursue a career in clinical services team. In a crucial leadership position, the clinical services team leader oversees the planning and provision of clinical services. They are in charge of making sure the clinic provides outstanding care and that all clinical governance and compliance goals are attained. You would be able to use your expertise and experience and succeed in this capacity if you have prior experience as an enrolled nurse.
- Aged or Disability CareOne of the most rewarding careers for enrolled nurses to explore is working as an aged care or disability provider. They are in charge of meeting the social and medical needs of older age groups. They also offer a listening ear that is welcoming. We are living longer because of technological developments. The number of senior Australians will rise as our baby boomers mature. As a result, older age groups are more likely to require healthcare services. In addition to this enrolled nurses have the choice to work in any of the following settings:
- Specialist clinics
- General medical and surgical unit
- Day surgery unit
- Aged care
- Psychiatric, forensic, and correctional health
- Mental health services
- Theatre nursing, etc.
Since enrolled nurses perform a wide range of duties, their roles are continually evolving. Overall, enrolled nurses have one of the most rewarding careers in healthcare because of their commitment to delivering high-quality patient care. You can talk to our councilor today to enquire more about the Diploma of Nursing course.