|Course Code: CHC30113||Course Name: Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care|
|CRICOS Code: 093192F
||Department: School of Education
|AQF Level: Level 3 - Certificate III||Course Duration: 12 Months
|Course Location: Perth Campus||Funding: No Funding For International Students
|College Policies, Procedures & Forms|
Now you can get started on a rewarding career in early childhood education by signing up for the Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC). This certification is designed to help you to take up a career in the childhood education industry; in settings such as early learning centres, family day care centres and so on.
The Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) is designed to educate students to competently handle roles within an early childcare education setting. You will learn how to interact with young children, and aid them in developing their thinking, social and communication skills. On completing this course, you will be able to work as a childhood educator assistant or a preschool assistant.
The course will be delivered using a blended learning mode that includes a combination of eLearning, simulation based training and assessment in a simulated children services lab environment. Practical Placement (PP) will also be a mandatory part of the course.
Including PP, the total structured duration of the course is 1 year; however completion time frames will vary between students based on their individual skills, previous work and study experiences.
On successful completion of this course, students can gain employment in the Early Childhood Education Industry in multiple settings that include Child Care Centres, After School programs, Pre-school programs, Family Day Care Centres, and Play Groups among other community settings.
Course learning outcomes:
Having completed the course, students will be able to:
• Gain knowledge and understanding of the Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care
• Demonstrate the ability to provide young children with the educational knowledge that helps them develop their mental activities and social skills
• Manage the activities given by the supervisor at the early learning centre
• Understand and ensure the health and safety of the young children in the childcare centre
• Respond to emergencies by providing first aid situations when needed
• Work with families from different cultures and backgrounds, and counsel them about their children
• Be an active team member within the organisation, and assist team leaders and managers with their activities.