|Course Code : HLT33115||Duration : 26 Weeks|
|AQF Level : 3||School : School of Community Services|
|International Students : Perth Campus||International Fees : Click here for more details|
|CRICOS Code: 093193E||College Policies, Procedures & Forms|
Now you can kickstart a career in Acute Care Assistance as a nursing assistant or a patient service worker within public or private healthcare facilities. Undertaking a Certificate in Health Service Assistance will equip you with the competencies to provide professional health assistance to health staff and to care for patients' needs and wellbeing.
The Certificate III in Health Service Assistance (HSA) course aims to create competent, and knowledgeable nursing support workers who are able to apply medical terminologies, work within a diverse team, ably participate in workplace health & safety, and assist in nursing care, patient care and in transportation.
Successful completion of this course will open pathways for those who wish to continue their education. Graduates will be able to study Diploma of Practice Management , Diploma of Paramedical Science, and Diploma of Nursing.
Nationally accredited by Nationally Recognised Training in Australia, this certification course is a joint initiative of the Australian and State and Territory governments.
Course learning outcomes
On completion of the course, the graduates will be able to:
• Assess patients' health status and deliver clinical care.
• Clearly communicate with patients and staff.
• Understand the legal and ethical requirements of the organisation.
• Work within a diverse environment.
• Follow workplace health and safety norms with care.
• Transport patients safely.
• Provide First Aid when needed.
• Ably assist nursing and medical staff in an acute care environment.