|Course Code : CHC50113||Duration : 24 Months|
|AQF Level : 5||School : School of Education|
|International Students : Perth Campus||International Fees : Click here for more details|
|CRICOS Code: 093191G
Do you love to work with children, and are you planning to become an early childhood educator? Do explore our Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care that offers you the option to work in the childcare education industry, in settings such as early learning centres, family day care centres and so on.
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) is designed to educate students to competently handle roles within an early childcare education setting. You will be responsible for educating and nurturing the creativity in children, taking care of babies and toddlers, developing their social and cultural competencies, and helping them to become confident, socially capable children.
The course will be delivered in both classroom and blended learning modes which include a combination of theory, simulation based training and assessment in a simulated children services lab environment. There will be 240 hours of Professional Experience at placement venues (PEP) that is mandatory.
On successful completion of this course, students can gain employment in the Early Childhood Education Industry in multiple settings that include Child Care Centres, After School programs, Pre-school programs, Family Day Care Centres, and Play Groups among other community settings.
Course learning outcomes:
Having completed the course, students will be able to:
• Gain knowledge and understanding of the Diploma of ECEC, and apply that knowledge in the early education sector.
• Demonstrate the ability to manage children, educate them, and contribute to their development and learning process.
• Understand the legal and ethical side of working in an early childhood education centre.
• Understand and ensure the health and safety of the children in the centre.
• Respond to emergency first aid situations at an education and care setting.
• Gain the ability to nurture, develop, and educate the children's ability to deal with the outside work and to become confident and socially capable.
• Gain the ability to deal with families and to provide them with appropriate counselling about their children.
• Manage and operate the early learning centre, and manage the team of educators.
• Plan programs that are in sync with the national quality framework.