International students should have:
• A satisfactory English Proficiency: A minimum IELTS overall score of 6.5 (Academic) with no band less than 6. IHNA accepts equivalent scores in OET, TOEFL iBT and PTE.
• Satisfactorily completed a minimum of year 12 or equivalent
• Must be of a minimum age of 18+ at the time of course commencement
In addition, all the applicants are required to have successfully completed an ACSF test and demonstrate competence as working at Level 4 for all indicators to enrol for this qualification (issued within the last 12 months from the time of admission).
Additional Requirement for professional experience placement:
• A satisfactory National Police Clearance / Australian Federal Police Clearance Certificate(AFP) / NCC will be required for placements.
• IHNA highly recommends students to complete the immunisation process before the Professional Experience Placement start date as some facilities will not provide placement to student without immunisation.
It is also essential for the student to possess basic computer skills.
While IHNA will work with you to make "reasonable accommodations" in the campus lab and classroom, there are work place practice conditions that occur in the workplace environment that are beyond IHNA's control. The physical requirements below are necessary to function in the healthcare facility and/or community setting. Students must be able to perform and complete course objectives and requirements with or without reasonable accommodations otherwise you will not be enrolled.
Skills and abilities that are needed to perform client care to pass the course objectives and requirements are:
• Strength: Sufficient to assist with lifting and transferring a client, and perform CPR
• Mobility: Sufficient mobility to bend, stoop, and bend down to the floor; ability to move around rapidly; and to move in small, confined areas.
• Hearing: Sufficient to hear through the stethoscope to discriminate sounds; to hear cries for help; to hear alarms on equipment and emergency signals; and various overhead pages.
• Vision: Sufficient to make physical assessments of client and equipment.
• Communication: Able to communicate in both verbal and written formats; and interact with clients, staff, and faculty supervisors.
If you have a disability that will require reasonable accommodations to fulfil these requirements then please declare in your course application.