|Course Code : CHC30113||Course Name : CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care|
|Department : School of Education||Course Duration : One Year|
|CRICOS Code : 093192F
||Funding : DTWD funding & VTG funding available|
|AQF Level : 3||Course Location : Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Online (Blended)|
|Fees : Click here for more details|
A Brief Introduction to Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Start a rewarding careers in early childhood education by
studying for the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC).
This qualification is designed to help people kick start their career in the
childhood education industry, such as: early Learning centres, family day care
The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) aims to educate students to be able to handle roles within an early childcare education setting, they will be able to learn how to interact with children, assess them to develop their thinking, social and communication skills. Students will be able to work as a childhood educator assistant, or a preschool assistant.
The course will be offered using a blended learning approach, including a combination of eLearning, simulation based training and assessment in a simulated children services lab environment and Practical Placement (PP).
The total structured duration of the course is one year including PP. Completion time frames will however vary between students based on their individual skills, experiences and previous studies.
After completing this course, students will be able to gain employment in the Early Childhood Education Industry in such settings as Child Care Centre’s, Pre-school programs, After School programs, Family Day Care Centre’s, Play Groups and other community settings.
Course learning outcomes:
• Be able to manage the activities given by your supervisor at the early learning centre.
• Understanding and ensuring the health and safety of the young children in childcare centre.
• Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
• To be an active team member within the organisation, and assist team leaders and managers with their activities.
• The ability to work with families from different cultures and backgrounds, and counsel them about their children.
• The ability to respond to emergencies by providing first aid situations when needed.
• The ability to provide young children with the educational knowledge that helps them develop their mental activities and social skills.