IHNA has in place admission criteria for courses in its scope as required by its ‘Application and Enrolment Procedure for VET Courses’ to ensure that candidates meet industry requirements.
• Applicants are required to be 18 years old and above and need to be Secondary School year 10 pass,
• Be of mature age which can be demonstrated by a candidate who is at least of 21 years and has at least 2 years industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
In addition, all the applicants are required to have successfully completed an ACSF test and demonstrate competence as working at Level 3 for all indicators to enrol for this qualification (issued within the last 12 months from the time of admission).
Additional Requirement for professional experience placement:
Satisfactory National police clearance / AFP/ NCC and WWCC
IHNA students must complete the immunization requirements before the professional experience placement start date
It is also essential for the student to possess basic computer skills.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
While IHNA will work with you to make "reasonable accommodations" in the campus lab and classroom, there are work place practice conditions that occur in the workplace environment that are beyond IHNA's control. The physical requirements below are necessary to function in the healthcare facility and/or community setting. Students must be able to perform and complete course objectives and requirements with or without reasonable accommodations otherwise you will not be enrolled.
Skills and abilities that are needed to perform client care to pass the course objectives and requirements are:
• Strength: Sufficient to assist with lifting and transferring a client, and perform CPR
• Mobility: Sufficient mobility to bend, stoop, and bend down to the floor; ability to move around rapidly; and to move in small, confined areas.
• Hearing: Sufficient to hear through the stethoscope to discriminate sounds; to hear cries for help; to hear alarms on equipment and emergency signals; and various overhead pages.
• Vision: Sufficient to make physical assessments of client and equipment.
• Communication:Able to communicate in both verbal and written formats; and interact with clients, staff, and faculty supervisors.
If you have a disability that will require reasonable accommodations to fulfil these requirements then please declare in your course application.