There are no pre-requisites or any other training package entry requirements for this course.
IHNA has in place admission criteria for courses in its scope as required by its 'Application and Enrolment Procedure for VET Courses' to ensure that candidates meet industry requirements.
Applicants seeking entry into this course should meet the following criteria:
• Applicants are required to be 18 years old and above.
• Applicants must have successfully completed Year 12 of secondary school or equivalent, or be of mature age.
• Applicants are required to have successfully completed BKSB (Basic Key Skills Builder) Exit Level 3
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Satisfactory police clearance certificate, vaccination report and working with children check are essential for practical placement.
It is essential for the student to possess basic computer skills.
While IHNA will work with you to make "reasonable accommodations" in the campus lab and classroom, there are clinical practice conditions that occur in the workplace environment that are beyond IHNA control. The physical requirements below are necessary to function in the hospital and community health settings. Students must be able to perform and complete course objectives and requirements with or without reasonable accommodations. Additional skills and abilities are needed to perform patient/ resident care in the clinical settings to pass the course objectives and requirements.
• Strength: Sufficient to assist with lifting and transferring a patient, and perform CPR
• Mobility: Sufficient mobility to bend, stoop, and bend down to the floor; ability to move around rapidly; and to move in small, confined areas.
• Hearing: Sufficient to hear through the stethoscope to discriminate sounds; to hear cries for help; to hear alarms on equipment and emergency signals; and various overhead pages.
• Vision: Sufficient to make physical assessments of patients and equipment.
• Communication: Able to communicate in both verbal and written formats; and interact with clients, staff, and faculty supervisors.
If you have a disability that will require reasonable accommodations to fulfill these requirements then please declare in your course application, special needs section.