This practical workshop will provide participants with the skills and knowledge to undertake PEG feeding in your workplace. Participants will have the opportunity to use the equipments and perform the PEG feeding procedure on a 'model' manikin."Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply".
The PEG feeding course is designed to provide you with an understanding of the steps involved in PEG feeding, special considerations and complications and to prepare you for undertaking PEG feeding competence in your workplace. During the workshop, the participants use the equipment and perform the PEG feeding. At the completion of the workshop, participants will have their PEG feeding competency individually assessed on a 'model' manikin.
• What is a PEG?
• Anatomy and physiology of the digestive system
• Indications/ Reasons an enteral feeding tube is inserted
• Contra-indications to PEG
• Benefits of PEG feeding
• How is the PEG managed/ How to care a PEG tube?
• Management of gastrostomy site/ Skin and stoma care.
• Procedure for skin and stoma care.
• Feeding Regimes.
• Administration of nutrients, fluids and medications.
• How to care for a person with an enteral tube
• Oral hygiene and PEG feeding
• Identification and management of common problems of PEG feeding
• A practical session for participants to show competency in feeding via a PEG tube.
Competency assessment of PEG feeding on a 'model' manikin
Complete theory and assessments online.
9 am to 1 pm
College will endeavour to ensure that the speakers and content for the seminar proceed as advertised. However, unexpected circumstances may necessitate the utilisation of a replacement speaker(s).
You can complete the application by clicking 'Apply Online' button.
For any additional enquires please contact us.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.