|Course Code: CHC50113||Award Titles : CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care|
|CRICOS Code: 093191G
||Course Duration: 104 weeks|
|AQF Level: Level 5 - Diploma||Course Delivery : Face-to-Face & Online (Blended)|
|Fees: Click here for more details||Funding : DTWD funding & VTG funding available|
|College Policies, Procedures & Forms|
Why Should I Study Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care?
Are you planning to become an early childhood educator? Our Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care Offers you the option to work within a childcare education industry, such as: early Learning centres, family day care etc.
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) aims to educate students to be able to handle roles within an early childcare education setting, educated and nurture the creativity in children, caring for babies and toddlers, develop their cultural competencies, and preparing them to become confident, socially capable children.
The course will be offered in both classroom and blended learning modes which will include a combination of theory, simulation based training and assessment in a simulated children services lab environment and 240 hours of Professional Experience at placement venues (PEP).
After completing this course, graduates will be able to gain employment in the Early Childhood Education Industry in such settings as Child Care Centre’s, Kindergartens, Pre-school programs, After School programs, Family Day Care Centre’s, Play Groups and other community settings.
Course learning outcomes:
On completion of the course, the students will be able to:
• Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of the Diploma of ECEC, and apply that knowledge in the early education sector.
• The ability to manage children, educate them, and contribute to their development and learning process.
• Understand the legal and ethical side of working in an early childhood education centre.
• Ensuring the health and safety of the children in the centre.
• Responding to emergency first aid situations at an education and care setting.
• The ability to nurture, develop and education the children's ability to deal with the outside world and become confident personalities.
• The ability to deal with families and to provide them with appropriate counselling about their children.
• Program plan and connect with national quality framework.