Nursing in Australia is a profession in high demand! Australia is looking for overseas nurses who can provide a high standard of care to patients in a variety of skills. Feel appreciated and enjoy excellent pay and working conditions!
Have your overseas nursing qualification recognised and register with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Learn about the nursing profession in Australia and become part of it! The IRON program is a quality bridging program for nurses entering Australia.
IHNA is exceptionally experienced in helping overseas nurses become part of Australian healthcare. As of last year, we helped over 4000 overseas nurses, achieving excellence in graduate employment outcomes and student satisfaction.
IHNA provides quality training courses for nurses who wish to practice in Australia. At IHNA, we are committed to making the transition of international nurses who wish to start practice in Australia as smooth as possible.
Our comprehensive learning environment and student support services are unique and customized to each student's individual needs, and are regularly updated with relevant practices. Our courses are delivered by experienced nurses who are practising in Australia and are well versed in current professional competencies.
IHNA offers the latest course content in medical technology the world over, and our courses stand apart due to their systematic and structured approach to both theory and clinical practice. The IRON course for nurses qualified overseas equips them with the local knowledge, skills and the understanding of medical professional practice in this country, and provides them with a comprehensive overview of the Australian healthcare system.
Over 2000 students in over 100 batches have completed courses at IHNA with highly successful results, and have gone on to achieve almost 100% job outcomes."Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply".
This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and understanding to practice safely and competently in a variety of health care settings. On successful completion of this course, graduates will be eligible to apply to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) for registration as a Registered Nurse.
As part of the application process, all candidates are required to:
1. Provide a letter from AHPRA confirming eligibility to undertake the IRON course.
2. Be successful at IHNA selection process.
3. Appropriate reference checks.
For further information about AHPRA’s eligibility letter requirements, please click here.
The course consists of 9 weeks full time study, comprising:
1. 4 weeks: Theory sessions at campus
2. 5 weeks: Professional experience placement sessions at clinical facilities
Face to face Delivery
The application process involves 5 steps: application, interview, offer letter, payment and confirmation of admission. Applicants must successfully complete each stage in order to enrol.
Applicants can submit their initial application by:
Applications can be completed online by clicking here
Throughout the course students will be assessed using a variety of tools such as:
• Seminar presentation
• Written assessment
• Practical assessment
• Project work
• Examination or testing
• Professional experience placement assessment
Once registered with AHPRA, graduates can work as a Registered (Division 1) Nurse in a range of health settings in Australia such as: acute care, chronic care, aged care, rehabilitation and mental health. Health care settings include hospitals, aged care facilities, disability services and rehabilitation clinics.
Nursing is a great career for people wanting to work in a broad or specialised environment. Here is a list of job search websites that will help you look for your ideal job:
• As the leading online health care and nursing jobs website in Australia, Health Career is committed to the delivery of quality services for nurses and to being the leading site for nursing jobs.
• Jobs4Nurses enables nurses to search, compare and apply for specialist and general roles from around Australia. This popular site lists a variety of nursing jobs on one easy to use website. We are devoted to nursing professionals and understand your needs and wants when searching for that perfect match in a job.
• MyCareer aims to provide you with the best jobs from the best employers across Australia, while also delivering you new ways and new technology to make it easier to find the job that’s right for you.
• SEEK is Australia's number one job site with over 150,000 jobs online and visited 14.7 million times each month.
• There are also many job agencies in Australia that recruit overseas nurses – some examples are: WA Health National and International Recruitment, NSW Overseas Recruitment, Ramsay Jobs, Nursing Careers Australia, Affinity Nursing and RNS Nursing Recruitment.
This course is recognised throughout Australia and is accredited by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC).
We have two campuses, Melbourne (Heidelberg) and Perth:
|Melbourne (Heidelberg) Campus||Perth Campus|
|597-599 Upper Heidelberg Road
Victoria 3081 Australia
|Level 2, Carillon City Arcade
680-692 Hay Street Mall
Perth, West Australia 6000 Australia
This program consists of a theory component of 160 hours and an acute care Professional experience placement of 200 hours.
All Theoretical Assessments must be passed before the Professional experience placement component can be commenced.
The program is divided into 4 learning areas:
1. Professional Issues in Clinical Practice
• The Australian Health Care environment
• Professional bodies, codes, guidelines & legal implications in nursing
• Cultural & Ethical awareness in nursing
• Contemporary Issues in Nursing practice
• Indigenous health and culture
2. Comprehensive Health Assessment
• Occupational Health & Safety
• Communication & Documentation in Nursing
• Pharmacology in Nursing
• Complex Nursing Care
3. Evidence Based Nursing Care
• Introducing evidence into nursing practice
• Concepts and challenges in patient care
• Mental health
• Nursing care of the older adult
• Leadership & Management in nursing
4. Professional experience Placement
Immunisation Declaration Form
Assignment Cover Sheet
Complaints and Appeal Form
Student Evaluation Form - Student Services
Academic Participation And Progress Policy
Access & Equity Policy
Student Complaints and Appeal
Student Complaints Resolution Procedure
Conduct of Examinations Policy and Procedure
Deferral / Leave of Absence/ Withdrawal / Discontinuation Policy
Plagiarism and Cheating Policy and Procedure
Risk assessment and risk minimisation policy
Student Code of Behaviour