There are a lot of regulators, training organisations, providers and educators that are involved in early childhood education. Many child care acronyms really refer to these industry bodies and regulators.
You’re likely to feel a bit confused by all the letters and abbreviations initially, but you will pick up their meanings while you study. You won’t need to memorize everything right away, but you’ll have to be familiar with the major ones. These include:
- ACECQA – Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority
- NQF – National Quality Framework
- NQS – National Quality Standards
- EYLF – Early Years Learning Framework
- FSAC – Framework for School Aged Children