VET STUDENT LOANS
STATEMENT OF VET TUITION ASSURANCE
1. Health Careers International Pty Ltd ABN: 59 106 800 944 ACN: 106 800 944 (the Approved provider) must comply with the VET Tuition Assurance requirements. This is to protect students in the event we cease to provide an Approved course in which a student is enrolled.
2. These requirements are covered under the VET Student Loans Act 2016, and the VET Student Loans Rules 2016. The meaning of ‘ceasing’ to provide a course is set out in the VET Student Loans Rules 2016 which are available from: VET Student Loans Rules 2016
3. In the event we cease to provide an Approved course in which a Student is enrolled, the student is entitled to a choice of:
a) an offer of a place in a similar Approved course (replacement course ^) with a second provider without any requirement to pay the second provider any tuition fee for any replacement VET units (this is known as the VET Course Assurance Option’)
b) a refund of the student ’s up -front VET tuition fee payments and/or a re-crediting of any FEE-HELP balance for any VET unit of study in which the student is enrolled or commences but does not complete because we cease to provide the Approved course of which the unit forms part (this is known as the VET Tuition Fee Repayment Option’)
^ A replacement course is deemed such if it meets the following requirements:
(i) it leads to the same or comparable qualification as the original course;
(ii) the mode of delivery is the same as the original course;
(iii) the location is reasonable, having regard to the cost and time required for the student’s travel;
(iv) will not result in additional unreasonable fees;
(v) allow for attendance without unreasonable impact on the student’s prior commitments.
4. We have met the VET tuition assurance requirements , as specified in the VET Student Loans Act 2016 , through current membership of the Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET), the Tuition Assurance Scheme Operator. Contact details for ACPET are:
Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET)
(03) 9412 5900
or 1800 657 644
P.O. Box 551, East Melbourne Vic 8002
5. If we cease to provide a n Approved course, ACPET (within 7 days) will provide each student enrolled in the Approved course with information about the tuition assurance arrangement, including information about ACPET’s role in facilitating tuition assurance, and the telephone service required to be provided by ACPET to students under the VET Student Loans Rules 2016. ACPET will also contact each student to discuss and assess options for a replacement course, including options for students where it is determined that there is no replacement course. If there is no replacement course, student’s will be notified, and the notification will include:
a) an explanation of the student’s right to seek review of the decision;
b) an explanation of the requirements that a course must meet under the tuition assurance arrangement to be offered as a replacement course;
c) a statement that the student has 28 days to seek review of the decision before the fees for the affected part of the original course that were paid using a VET student loan are re-credited to the student’s FEE – HELP balance;
d) a statement that, to facilitate early repayment and re-crediting, the student may, at any time during the 28 days, give the operator notice in writing that the student will not seek review of the decision.
6. For the purposes of VET Student Loans, all courses offered by us, in accordance with the course requirements of the VET Student Loan Act 2016, are covered by the scheme as part of our membership of the scheme.
7. A student may choose either:
a) the VET Course Assurance Option
b) the VET Tuition Fee Repayment Option
These options are explained below.
The VET Course Assurance Option
8. Under the VET course assurance option, a student will be offered a place in a similar Approved course by the Tuition Assurance Scheme Operator. If the student accepts this option, the Tuition Assurance Scheme Operator will make all necessary arrangements to ensure the student is able to enrol with the second provider in a similar Approved course. This offered VET course will lead to the same or a comparable qualification without any requirement on the part of the student to pay the second provider any tuition fee for any replacement VET units (that is, units that the student had commenced but not completed because the VET course ceased to be offered).
A student will receive full credit from the second provider for any VET units of study successfully completed with the first provider.
9. The second provider nominated by the Tuition Assurance Scheme Operator may have different tuition fees to the fees the student would have paid for VET units of study that were part of the Approved course we ceased to provide but which the student had not yet started studying.
10. A student is not obliged to enrol in an Approved course with a second provider offered by the Tuition Assurance Scheme Operator under the VET Course Assurance Option. However, if the student enrols with any other VET provider there is no obligation on that VET provider to offer full credit transfer for the VET units of study completed with the first provider or to offer replacement VET unit/s free of charge.
The VET Tuition Fee Repayment Option
11. Under the VET Tuition Fee Repayment Option, the Tuition Assurance Scheme Operator undertakes to pay the student the total of any up-front payments already paid by the student for any VET units of study the student has commenced but not completed because the Approved course ceased to be offered. Students selecting this option will also have their FEE-HELP balance re-credited for the uncompleted VET units.
Accepting the offer
12. Student’s will have a period of 6 months in which to accept the offer. ACPET may extend that period at their discretion.
13. The method this Statement of VET Tuition Assurance will be made public to students will be on our website at www.ihna.edu.au
Students will be advised where the Statement of VET Tuition Assurance may be obtained as part of our enrolment information.
Institute of Health and Nursing Australia
ABN: 59 106 800 94 | RTO ID: 21985 | CRICOS Code:03386G