Health Careers is focused on the development and delivery of quality education, training and management systems for the healthcare sector. Our vision is to become a global provider of health care education and research within Australia and internationally. To achieve this vision, Health Careers is constantly evaluating new opportunities and forming new partnerships with leading hospitals and healthcare providers and education and training institutions, both domestic and international. We embrace the latest technologies and collaborative tools in the design and delivery of our healthcare education and training programs. This approach helps to create new opportunities not only for students around the world to develop and enhance their skills but also for Governments and healthcare organisations to develop the future health workforce.
Partnership with Nursing Homes and Hospitals
Health Careers is a specialist healthcare training provider that partners with nursing homes and hospitals in the development of training solutions to enhance their competency and capacity. As a registered training provider, Health Careers may adopt an accredited program to establish a base-level of competency from which to further develop skills, or prepare a customised program to meet specific training or service delivery requirements. Our education and training programs are available in blended and online delivery modes. We place an emphasis on delivering nationally accredited education and Professional Development programs that are relevant to industry and develop skills and competency to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Benefits for the Facility
- Students will learn through blended delivery which reduces the requirement for time-off and time away from their workplace for training.
- Institutions can upskill staff to the new qualifications.
- Improve staff retention and engagement.
- Training points accrued from all Health Careers training programs.
- Students have access to Health Careers’ bank of online professional development programs.
- Verification of competency conducted by qualified trainers and assessors.
Benefits for the Employees
- Upgrade to a new qualification
- No loss of income – Study while you continue working in your current job.
- Get a head start! – Gain credit transfer or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for previous study and work place experience.
- Up-skill to the Diploma of Nursing in 12 to 24 months via blended delivery, while continuing to work.
- Support is available through the Aged Care Education and Training Incentive Program* from Department of Social Services
Why partner with Health Careers?
Health Careers is registered with ASQA (Australian Skills Quality Authority) for vocational training and TEQSA (Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency) for post graduate programs through to Masters.
- Our partners may have confidence they are partnering with a recognised and highly regarded education provider with strong governance and risk management procedures.
- Direct pathway within Health Careers for students from Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing & Disability) to Diploma in nursing.
- Reduced requirement for time-off and time away for training.
- Health Careers has in place a motivated and experienced management team with direct experience in the education, health and early childhood sectors nationally and internationally.
- Health Career’s Academic Board and Board of Studies comprises expertise from health, education, business sectors.
- Health Careers have in place an extensive network of clinical partners with over 200 partners nationally.
- Health Careers is actively expanding its campus network and the programs it has on scope.
- National and international presence with campuses and partnerships in India, Philippines and Malaysia.
Funding is Available
Health Careers is a recognised and highly regarded education provider. Health Careers is contracted by:
- Australian Federal Government to deliver healthcare education within the VET Student Loan program.
- Victorian State Government to deliver healthcare education programs within the Victorian Fee VTG program.
- West Australian State Government to deliver healthcare education programs within the DTWD program.
- Accredited by ASQA to recruit, enrol and teach overseas students and is on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) which is a register of Australian education providers.
- Australian Federal Government Traineeship and Apprenticeship Funding.
- Back to work scheme in Victoria.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD programs may be delivered via blended delivery mode in which the theory component of the CPD training is completed by students on-line and simulation based training and assessment is conducted at your facility or centre by our trainers:
- Reduces time-off and time away from the centre with simulation based training and assessment at your facility or centre.
- Health Careers currently offers a number of CPD programs including; Fire & Safety, Infection control, Manual Handling, Medication Administration, CPR, Anaphylaxis and continues to add new programs;.
- Face-to-Face Professional Development/ Short courses are also available:
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Manual Handling
- Basic Life Support
- Intravenous Cannulation
- Our dedicated in-house curriculum development teams provide the opportunity to customise programs to meet the needs of industry. Health Careers is able to customise or contextualise your existing training, or develop new training modules to meet specific needs.
- Health Careers also offers Knowledge hub, our customized learning management system, as the Learner Management system for all partnering organisations.
Job Placement through Health Careers Staffing Solutions (HCSS)
We provide Placement Assistance for all graduates of Health Careers through HCSS. We assist partnering organisations to recruit our graduates through:
- Advertising current vacancies through our Knowledge Hub to reach students.
- Career guidance with our staff will assist in short listing potential candidates and submitting their CV to facilities.
- Conduct campus interviews and job promotions.
- Options to organize clinical placement for selected students at the facility for improved induction as part of the selection process.
- Provide specialty-nursing programs for nursing graduates to join specialized wards as required by the facilities. This includes postgraduate certificate programs to be completed prior to commencing employment in specialty wards.
- Internship options for new graduates.
- Graduate entry program partnership for new nursing graduates.
Third Party Partnership
Health Careers partners with other registered training organisations and institutions for the development and delivery of high quality education and training. All our programs meet the training and assessment standards required in the Standards of Registered Training Organisations 2015 (SRTO 2015).
Third Party Partnership
Our partnerships offer quality education opportunities that lead to careers in the healthcare industry. We do this:
- By delivering training and education that meet the needs of our clients and the demand of industry.
- By encouraging flexible, customised and tailored program design that aligns business strategy with training needs.
- By assisting our partners to navigate the vocational education and training system.
- By issuing qualifications and certificates.
- By managing the administrative and compliance requirements of delivering education and training.
- By offering blended and flexible training methodologies.
- By maintaining an extensive scope of registration with a range of high quality programs in the areas of nursing, health sciences and health administration.
- By helping our partners and stakeholders become more competitive.
Training resources available for purchase or via subscription:
E-Resources and Assessment
- Learning Management System (Qualifications)
- Units of Competency
- Professional Development
Partnership with International Providers
Our international network
Health Careers offers Vocational and Post Graduate education, training and continuing professional development programs from campuses in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Cochin (India) and through partnerships internationally in India, Philippines and GCC. Our comprehensive and career focused healthcare courses are designed to meet the needs of students and the demand of industry. All our programs are developed utilising a systematic, quality driven approach and are designed to provide a balanced approach to theoretical knowledge and clinical skills. The courses encompass various topics in Nursing, Health and Community Services, Professional Development and Skill Sets.
Partnership with International Providers
The Institute of Health and Nursing (IHNA) is the vocational and training division of Health Careers. IHNA’s focus is firmly on the development and delivery of quality education, training and management systems for the healthcare sector. IHNA has an extensive library of online programs for international students which allow students to balance their work and study commitments. The Institute of Health and Management (IHM) is the Higher education division of Health Careers specialising in the provision of postgraduate higher education courses in nursing, nursing specialisations and management. IHM is accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency, Australia (TEQSA). The Health Careers Learning Hub is a platform that supports online learning for healthcare students and professionals around the world. They can collaborate online, network with peers and educators, and tap into a wealth of online resources to enhance their knowledge and skills on par with global best practices and curriculum.
What we offer
With a view to advancing the vision internationally, and to facilitate organizations to achieve international standards of quality and health care delivery, Health Careers provides high quality education and training programs based on the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). We work with our international partners in:
- Curriculum and resources that are based on the AQF and provide students with an international standard education experience and recognised skills
- Certification in line with national regulation of Vocational Education & Training (VET) and higher education accredited by Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and Tertiary Education Quality Standards Authority (TEQSA).
- Clinical and corporate management systems.
- Increasing the skills and competency of nurses through Continued Professional Education based on the Australian curriculum developed by an internationally recognised institute.
- Blended delivery that allows students to balance their work and study commitments.
- Online access to course units, resources, students forums and support and, information systems.