This course provides participants with skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This course is suitable for all workers who may be required to provide CPR in a range of situations, include community and workplace settings.
In this course you’ll learn how to:
• Recognise an emergency situation
• Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
• Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
• Seek assistance from emergency response services
• Perform CPR
• Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
These skills and knowledge may be applied in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. Therefore, this course is open to anyone who may be required to provide CPR in a range of situations, include community and workplace settings.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Duration of the course is 1 half day
Theory: 2 hours
Simulated lab practice: 2 hours (demonstration of CPR)
This course is delivered by professional and fully qualified trainers and assessors, with several years of experience.
• Our assessments methods include:
• Participation in classroom discussions and activities
• Oral questions and written assessments
• Work sheets
• Demonstration and practice to provide CPR at IHNA simulation lab
On successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment. Successful completion entails:
• Theory and assessment completion
• Classroom sessions at IHNA (theory and simulation)
• Achieve competency in demonstration of CPR
The statement of attainments is valid for 1 year. The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that you attend a resuscitation update every 12 months.
There are no prerequisites of units or required qualifications to attend this course.
Please contact our institute for the next date. Extra training session can be arranged depending on the requirements and enrolment numbers.
Number of enrolments: 5-20 students.
Please note that IHNA reserves right to cancel the batch, in the unlikely event of minimum number of enrolments not met.
Face to face Delivery
|Campus : Melbourne(Heidelberg)|